Thursday, March 6, 2014

Calm Down, Everyone Please!

So I decided since a link to my blog is in the program I'd write another post before we have our preview tonight. Which is what I want to talk about. I'm nervous, I always get nervous before shows, I probably always will get nervous before shows. As a young kid I always had stage fright. I went to a private elementary school where we were all in the choir, and when we'd preform I'd always hide in the back. Till one day we were at a retirement home in Saint Charles and it was taking a while to step up so I started talking to the older folks who were there to watch us, but I was still on stage, and I started cracking jokes, and they were laughing and enjoying it, and all of a sudden I was at ease. Like I had never been nervous to preform in my life. It's weird how things like that work, I'll be nervous till I get in front of the audience and preform a song, and hear them clap, and then I know that they're rooting for me, they want me to be awesome and give them something to take away. I know some actors and actresses who can go out for the opening of a show and not be nervous, but I don't think that will ever be me. So when the lights come up and I enter tonight, and see those people, and say the words "We begin on Christmas eve..." I will be screaming on the inside, but by the end of the title song I'll be more than ready to blow people away, and hopefully change a few people for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment